Health is wealth
World Health Organization in 1948 defined health as a state of complete physical, mental, social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity “. Your health is a state of complete, mental, physical, spiritual and psychological well being. It is a state of freedom from disease.
Why is health wealth?
- Your health is your wealth because a person who is wealthy but disturbed with disease(s) can’t be happy since health which brings the happiness is defeated. But one who is poor or average in wealth, sickness free, is wealthier than the person who controls wealth and sick. Hence, your health is your happiness
- A sound health determines how wealthy you are.
- Good health gives you freedom while illness imprisons people.
- Your health is the license to abundance
- Your health is the nutrient needed to bring forth great produce
- It is the currency needed for perfect transaction dealings with others.
CAUSES OF HEALTH ISSUES
There are so many causes of health issues such as insecurity but the foundation of it all is STRESS.
According to chambers dictionary, stress is the physical or mental overexertion. It is a pressure of adverse influences, circumstances, etc that disturbs the natural physiological balance of the body. Stress is the channel/avenue through which other diseases gain access to the human body.
WHAT STRESS CAUSES
A depressed person loses interest in what makes him happy.
- A severe headache or a migraine.
Note here that a migraine is a headache but not all headache is a migraine.
- High blood pressure
- Heart attack
- Chronic stomach ulcer
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Fertility problems
- Abnormal feelings in the body
HOW TO LIVE HEALTHY AND STRESS-FREE
- Eat nutritious food
- Eat fruits
- Don’t rush your meals
- Chew your meals very well
- Exercise very well.
Our body needs daily exercise to function properly, the moment one does not do this, it tends to weaken the system thereby making some organs in the body fragile
- Drink a lot of water
- Avoid the use of carbonated drink
- Rest well
- Learn to laugh out loud
- Don’t be too clouded, have a quiet time
- Meditate, by doing this you are renewing your mind.
- Know that you can’t solve all the problems in the world.
- Personal cleanliness is important. Don’t forget that “Cleanliness is next to Godliness.”
HOW TO DEAL WITH STRESS USING THE SCRIPTURE
Below are some scriptures from the book of wisdom to help you live a stress-free life.
“Great peace have they which love your law: and nothing shall offend them” Psalm 119:164
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid” John 14:27
“Casting all your burden upon the Lord, for he cares for you” 1Pet 5:7
“And do not conform to the pattern of this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God”. Romans 12:2
“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans” Proverbs 16:3
Kindly personify this;
“The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. : Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.” Psalm 23:1-6
Hope you enjoyed this article on your health is your wealth. Kindly drop your views in the comment box so as to serve you better and don’t forget to share.