“The greatest attitude of all is gratitude.”
Pandurang S. Arthavale
Gratitude is an act of thanksgiving, showing appreciation for the good deeds done. To be grateful for the little you have is a green light to bigger things. A grateful heart receives more, you would agree with me that everyone loves to be appreciated.
Simultaneously, we must have an attitude of gratitude irrespective of our attributes or values. Getting into better positions in life begins with the appreciation of where we have found ourselves, putting into consideration those that wish they were in our position.
Being thankful and selfless are great exhibitions of gratitude, but unfortunately, today, they are missing in our current society, people just go about winning about hard times without considering their ‘output’ to the society, they forget to acknowledged the fact that having an attitude of gratitude open doors of unlimited opportunities. No matter how small the blessings are, one should always. A man that is always negatively opinionated can never have reasons to be grateful or show gratitude, yet we are admonished irrespective of the circumstances to show gratitude because that is a springboard to your island of bliss.
When you have an attitude of gratitude you are bound to;
1.LIVE A HEALTHIER AND HAPPIER LIFE: No drug cures better than this. When you are grateful for the gift of life and health then you have reasons to live. All the vibes that you protrude are vibes of happiness and sound health. A grateful individual has a sound mind, live younger and longer.
2. OPTIMISM: Showing gratitude helps you feel good about yourself. When you feel good about yourself you begin to attract positive aura. Being optimistic is believing that good things will happen. You are expectant of success even in the midst of not-so-good circumstances. A singular act of gratitude helps move bigger mountains, surmount hurdles and makes one break free. Feel free to be grateful for the little things that don’t even matter so that more doors of opportunities can be opened. When you show gratitude, your optimism becomes realism. You are set for an optimum growth.
3. STABLE HEALTH: Some medical conditions wouldn’t exist if only people have grateful hearts. I’ve heard numerous stories on how people get healed from all sort of medical conditions through religious means but this healing didn’t last, because they failed to show gratitude.
4. PRODUCTIVE: A man with an attitude of gratitude will be more productive even in the midst of turbulence. He experiences peace like a river because he is thankful in all circumstances.
A heart of gratitude will experience overflow due to the fact that nature satisfies her wants with good things. To be filled over and over again is to keep living a constant life of gratitude. What this attribute implies is this; you don’t worry about anything; instead, you allow the law of attraction attract your very own desires to you without sweating it out. Your productivity depends on how far you can service the altar of gratitude.
5. An attitude of gratitude makes you look good, it adds to your beauty. It makes you mentally strong and have a deep believe in your abilities.
6. IT HELPS YOU VALUE RELATIONSHIP: Learn to be grateful for the gift of friends and family because “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” Woodrow Wilson.
Be grateful because “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” Desmond Tutu.
Your relationship with people can either be a blessing or curse. Learn to allow the latter blossom because “It seems essential, in relationships and all tasks, that we concentrate only on what is most significant and important.” Soren Kirkegaard.
7. When you show gratitude, it shows you are loyal. Loyalty doesn’t come cheap, it needs to be earned. A loyal person is the man with an attitude of gratitude. Gratitude saves us from self-pity, anger, resentment, jealousy and selfishness.
8. IT TAKES AWAY ANXIETY FROM YOU: To be anxious is to be disquiet or to be in painful suspense. When you show gratitude your anxiety is taken away. Don’t worry about the problems you can’t solve, instead give thanks and watch as events unfold to your lifting. “Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.” Soren Kirkegaard.
Don’t worry, tomorrow will definitely take care of itself. That mountain will be surmounted at the end if you hold on and not faint.
“A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.” Aesop
“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” Ralph Waldo Emerson