10 ways to improve your self-confidence
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. – Helen Keller
Confidence is faith (belief) in one’s own ability or power. It is self-reliance; assurance.
Self-confidence is the mental state of mind which permits people to have constructive and realistic perspective of themselves and the circumstances they are surrounded by. Developing self-confidence focuses on embracing an uplifting standpoint in whatever your goals are. It is important in practically every facet of our lives, yet many individuals battle to discover this important phenomenon, which is the onus for this post.
To be self-confident one should learn to;
1. Always plan ahead. Planning is the foundation to build and execute any dream or even project. Planning ahead guarantees success, therefore, when you plan never look back unless you are planning to go that way. Many individuals fail because they didn’t plan, hence their self-confidence suffers.
2. Face your fears: “No power is strong enough to be lasting if it labours under the weight of fear.” Marcus Tullius Cicero.
Fear is an hindrance to the attainment of your goal. It is the catalyst responsible for your detriment and lack of self-confidence, you need to cross this hurdle. Paulo Coelho postulates that “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” Don’t give in to your fear, if you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart. You can conquer any fear if you make up your mind to do so because fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. “Focus on where you want to go, not on what you fear” Anthony Robbins
Overcoming your fear is the ultimate power needed to boost your self-confidence.
3. Avoid Procrastination: Procrastination is the primary enemy of any human being. The moment you start deferring your actions for other time, it simply means you are already befriending your number one enemy. To procrastinate is to delay or defer an action. When you procrastinate you definitely lose an opportunity to build your self-confidence. The things you delay today as a result of procrastination are the blood hounds that pursue you tomorrow. Be wise and do the right thing at the right time so as to achieve desired result. One of your objective or aim to is to build your broken dreams, which can never be achieved if you don’t work on your self-confidence. Your self-confidence brings out the best in you, build it!
4. Always put on a happy face: The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts. “Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” Helen Keller
To build your self-confidence, discover and do the things that makes you happy. “Just trust your own voice. And keep exploring the things that are interesting to you” Nikki Giovanni
5. Challenge yourself: Unmask your mascot, work on your character if it is not good enough. Are your dreams dwindling? Or your self confidence punctured? Do all you can to come out of this state of mayhem and ‘forgettery’. Challenge yourself mentally, physically and emotionally and get something done. The untold truth is that you are responsible for your failure and achievement.
“You will recognise your own path when you come upon it because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need” Sara Teasdale
6. Do something you love: To build your self-confidence, do something you are passionate about. Sometimes, it’s good to do what you love rather than finding a way to love what you do.
Do what you love in order to acquire and refire. “Embrace what makes you unique, even if it makes others uncomfortable. I didn’t have to become perfect because I’ve learnt throughout all my life journey that perfection is the enemy of greatness” Janelle Monae
Never forget to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends Aberjhani advises. You destruct your self-confidence by unreasonably depending on other people’s endorsement. You don’t need others imprimatur.
7. Think positive and talk positively about yourself: Other people’s opinion shouldn’t always count anytime it comes to life decision as long as you are doing that which is right. If you have ascertain peace inwardly then nothing else matters. Be responsible for your actions, your peace, happiness and self-confidence. Think positively always to dethrone the negative syndrome that hovers around you. Do things that you enjoy. “You must never be fearful about what your are doing when it is right” Rosa Parks
8. Mistakes are bound to happen, when it happens don’t beat up yourself. Accept your mistakes and grow above them, learn from them and move ahead. Dwelling in the past mistakes makes you loose focus and waste precious time on irrelevances. You gradually disrupt your growth and distract yourself from achieving the ultimate goal.
When you dwell on the mistakes and error made in the past you simply invite the little foxes to destroy the vine.
9. Don’t compare yourself to others: You are unique in your own way. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken”. Oscar Wilde
Your beauty lies in the aura of your self-confidence. “Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations” Dr Mae Jemison
Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience and the passion to reach for the stars to change your world.” Harriet Tubman
10. Relax and celebrate your success.
Building your self confidence is very important, you have to trust yourself and abilities before any other person will. Don’t be perfidious but dinkum. A confident person will have the boldness to face different categories of personalities with the goal that thoughts will be comprehended and regarded. Relax after you have overcome the tumblings and turbulences. Relax after the minatory situations, the kerfuffle is your state to be silent. Listen, learn, acquire wisdom and build on your confident level using its platform to relaunch your self-confidence so as to brilliantly shine.
Celebrate your success once victory is achieved at every phase. Be happy, live thankful, don’t forget the people whose shoulders you climbed to get to where you are, this attitude will boost your self confidence in a geometric progression.
“Be grateful to the people who made you happy; they are the charming gardeners who made your soul blossom” Marcel Proust